Followers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12/21/11-AM

Well, I have been really struggling. The food around for the holidays has really been getting to me. I am also feeling overwhelmed with preparing food, getting everything done for Christmas etc and I am not only making poor food choices, but I also keep forgetting to take my medicine. I haven't really been testing my sugars either because I know they are high.

Another small bit of frustration is coming because my husband is losing his insurance that we have been on. He works two jobs where he works 50+ hours at one and 30 hours at the second. Our health insurance is through his second job. They came to him a few weeks ago and told him that he needed to work 35 hours a week to continue to keep his full time benefits. He was struggling to get 30 hours and so working 35 was even harder. He has been falling a little short each week and so he got an email yesterday saying that effective immediately he is considered part time and that at the end of the month, our insurance will be cut. We can get insurance coverage through my work, but the problem is that it is a high deductible insurance which means that we have to pay the first $4000 of anything (other than annual well checks). This also includes medicine. My medicine without coverage is about $600/month which we can't really do unless we put it on credit cards. We will have to figure something out because I can't go too long without my medicine, but we don't qualify for assistance.

I need to figure out a way to get back on track. I am feeling frustrated and overwhelmed about it all again.

No comments: