Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

1/6/2012 - AM

So I went and saw the diabetes educator yesterday. Loved her. I felt on the verge of tears the whole appointment. She changed my insulin and the way I take it to make it easier on me. I had been taking the Lantus every morning and night and then humalog every meal. She switched me to a 25/75 mix that I take every morning and every night. This isn't a final setup, it is really just to help get my numbers down and give me a little success. She has started me out on 50 units each dose.

My numbers before bed last night were 365. When I woke up this morning, they were 322.

Emotionally today I am feeling a little bit of stress off. I know it wasn't a big change, but just one less thing to calculate was good. My biggest issue at this point will be to make sure I don't forget to take it. I think I can do this.

Today is friday and so I am looking forward to the weekend. I need to spend it doing some organizing around my house. I also need to get some of my "to do" list accomplished. It should be a good weekend.

I think I may have an infection in one if not both eyes. My left eye has a scratch across the eyelid that is not healing. It is right along the seem when I open my eye. Last night I used some hydrogen peroxid and it fizzed like crazy. I then put some neosporin and a bandade so that if it melted, it wouldn't roll into my eye and slept with the bandage on. The last few months, at night I will watch tv and because I am a boob, I cry watching a lot of the shows and when tears would well up, my eyes would burn to the point I would have to close them for a time so they could clear out. I just passed it off as sensitive eyes, but I am wondering now if it is something more. Nothing major, but something that I could use some antibiotic eye drops or something for. I will see if a few nights of bandaging and neosporin on the scratch helps.

So that I don't get down on myself about the high sugar numbers, I feel like I have kindof shut off on the caring part. Almost like going back into denial that I even have diabetes. I guess it is ok for a day or two, but I don't want to do it forever or I won't try harder. But, I feel like I need to do it so that I don't get frustrated and give up completely.

What I NEED to do is exercise. I don't feel like I will get anywhere if I don't. I have all the excuses in the world. Ideal would be that I go home and while my daughter does her homework, I exercise. But, the eliptical that I have is too loud for the people downstairs (they came up to us and told us). I have thought of buying something quieter, but I don't know that I feel good about spending $500 on it. I can go to the clubhouse, but I can't get my daughter to stay entertained with something while I workout. I could leave her in daycare and go right after work, but I already feel guilty that she is there for 9 hours a day as it is. Maybe I do just need to break down and spend the money.

2 comments:

Amy Dart said...

What about using alarms on your cell phone to remember to take your meds like your sister does for her daughter.

Amy Dart said...

Sorry to leave another comment, but this website might help answer your questions about your eyes. http://medweb.bham.ac.uk/easdec/sore_dry_eyes_in_diabetes.html