Followers

Monday, January 9, 2012

1/9/12 -AM

Well, it appears that the new insulin regimen is working. At least it appears to be that way. I haven't changed anything else and my numbers have come back down under 300 for the most part. I did test above 300 before bed last night, but this morning it was 297. I know, I know, it is almost 300, but it is under. Over the weekend, I never tested less than 200, but it was always under 300 with the exception of last night. However, last night I had just eaten a snack, but needed to test before I went to sleep. Next time I think I will test before my snack.....

Today I have planned out my food again. I am having a protein shake for breakfast, eggs with a wedge of laughing cow cheese on two small corn tortillas (my new favorite breakfast), a small Lunchable and a Cliff meal replacement bar. I will drink plenty of water and then for dinner I am planning on veggies, fish and brown rice. I may skip the brown rice all together and just have the fish and veggies. It will depend on how hungry I feel.

The protein shake that I am making today will also be made with a vegetable protein. I am wondering if my sugars will react to it differently. It is a free one from my husband's work for his diet program that he is on (which he has lost almost 20 lbs). I still weigh 208 lbs and so I haven't gained any weight, but I still haven't lost more. Exercise will be the key and I know that. I plan to come home tonight and finally break open the "Biggest Loser" game that I bought a long time ago for the Wii. I toyed with the idea all weekend of buying an exercise bike, but I feel that there are so many other exercises that I can do that won't cost money and I feel that getting debts paid off is more important than getting a bike right now. Stress raises my sugars and having debt still stresses me.

I did find this last weekend that when I was angry (which was quite a bit this weekend), I didn't feel the urge to eat like I have in the past. I didn't really feel the urge to do anything except be angry. So, I guess I was half way there. I didn't have the desire to eat, but I didn't really even think about going to exercise.

Emotionally today I am still pretty stressed out. There are circumstances going on in other parts of my life right now that cause me great anxiety and there isn't much I can do about it. But, I think that if I begin to exercise, it will help get some of that anxiety out. I am feeling sort of sad and out of control today. It will be better at work because I am able to focus on other things.

Physically, I am tired. I didn't get much sleep last night because I didn't get to bed until 11:00 and I woke up today at 4:30 to make food for the day and to try and get my day organized. I actually woke up around 3am, but I didn't get out of bed until 4:30. Tonight I hope to be asleep by 9pm.

I have an appointment scheduled with my diabetes dr on Wednesday, but I am going to have to re-schedule it. I won't be able to go because of what is going on at work this week. It is year end, month end and end of the pay period all at once and not only that, I will be transmitting two separate payrolls this week. So, needless to say, it is going to be busy and so I won't be able to take the time off. The good thing is that my dr has an email that I can send an email to and someone will respond and so I can let her know what is going on with this new dose of insulin and she can adjust it without me seeing her. I will try and re-schedule for next week when things have slowed down at work.

Here is to another week..... :)

No comments: