Followers

Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/5/2012

Well, things are going much better. My sugars have come way down and the highest I have tested in 3 days is 150. I have been exercising every morning for 9 days for at least 20 minutes. Yesterday I started a workout that involves both cardio and resistance. When I lost 50 lbs about 8 years ago, I did the same. I also just ate whatever I wanted as long as I ate the correct portions. The past 3 days I have been eating extremely small amounts. I pretty much am feeling hunger pains all day long. Last night I couldn't take it anymore and even though I didn't go crazy on WHAT I ate, I ate too much.

Today I had a good workout. I am getting stronger every day. I still remember how the first day I exercised 10 minutes and I felt really sick and dizzy afterwards. Today I feel good. I don't feel sick at all, nor dizzy! :) My body is still weaker than I want it to be, but I keep reminding myself that I am still at the beginning stage.

Yesterday after work, I "danced" around the living room with my daughter and it was fun. We then also went on a short walk to go pay the rent. I hope to keep doing active things with her. She loves to ride her bike and since I am getting my main exercise in the morning, I think I am going to go outside with her on good weather days and she can ride while I walk. I can't really get a good workout that way because she doesn't go very fast as she is still a little scared of corners and going fast. But, I think any exercise is better than sitting on the couch or standing still in the apartment. It also just gets me out of the apartment where I am tempted to eat.

So for food, I have been eating the following: yogurt, nuts, cheese sticks and boiled eggs. Throughout the day I will wait until I can't take it anymore and eat something just to take off the hunger pains. I drink water throughout the day. In the morning before work, I will eat 3 scrambled eggs with some Tobasco sauce on them. Then for dinner I eat meat and veggies. Last night I had some ham and 4 long carrots. Where I fell last night, is when I had 2 girl scout cookies and a 1/2 inch slice of cake. Later I ate a piece of chicken from Buca di Beppo and then after that I had 4 celery sticks and peanut butter on 2 of those. So, as you can see, I didn't eat horrible food (other than the cookies and cake), I just ate too much. Oh, another thing to mention is that yesterday I did have 1 cup of chicken broth for lunch. Even though there are basically no carbs in it, my sugars went up enough that I had dry mouth. I wish I would have tested my sugars to see if they had gone up or if it was just the effects of sodium. But, when I tested before dinner, I tested 145 which i was disappointed with because I tested 102 and 105 the days before. So, I am not sure what happened there.....

Physically, I feel good. I feel "clearer" and lighter. I don't feel so sluggish. I don't like feeling the hunger pains all day long. My feet and legs hurt immensely all day, especially at night. They don't hurt as bad when I am wearing my sneakers, but I can't wear them at work and so I just wear them in the mornings when working out and on the weekends. I guess I could start wearing them with my nylons and play it off that I am a "working girl" that looks like I go walking on lunch...ha!

Emotionally I feel like I am in a funk. I don't feel depressed, but I have a ton on my mind and at times I feel as though I do want to just shut down or run away for a day or two to clear my mind. I am confused on some issues that will unfortunately just take some time to work out. I don't want to give too much attention to my thoughts because I know that time is what is needed, but I don't have a lot of patience. I am just trying to go through the motions in many areas and hope that things will come to light.

No comments: