Followers

Friday, April 6, 2012

4/6/12

So things are still going well. Yesterday I tested 77 before lunch and 124 two hours after! I was so happy about that! I ate the same yesterday as I have the past couple of days, but yesterday I did have a protein drink around 10am and then for lunch I had a salad that had apples, lettuce, dried cranberries and candied walnuts. But, I didn't test higher than 124 all day. :)

However, that said.....last night I got home and had cheesy broccoli and cauliflower, and strawberries for dinner. I then later, I ate a giant meatball from Buca di Beppo. This wasn't too bad, but then I made an Italian cake for my husband (more just for the sake of baking, which I love to do) and I ate a piece of it. This was a bad thing. I could feel in my feet overnight that my sugars were high. I woke up this morning and tested 188. So, I am starting out today again ready to eat as little carbs as possible.

I woke up and had a really good workout today. I can feel my body eating the sugars because I know that if I were to test right now, my sugars would be higher, but I am shaky as if they were low. Then again, maybe I will test, just to be sure.......yup....they are 220, but I feel like they are around 70. So, I will test in 2 hours. I have been testing about 5 times a day because I am trying to get a feeling for what it "feels" like to be at certain levels.

Physically, I feel good. I wish that my feet would stop hurting just to give me a break, but I don't see that really happening. But, overall I feel pretty good. I am starting to "imagine" my body being what it was about 8 years ago when I was pretty fit. My workout today was hard, but still easier than it would have been last week.

Emotionally I am still in a bit of a funk, but I feel like I am coming out of it a bit. I am still confused about some things, but I think that as I get more control over my body, these other decisions will come easier. However, like I said in my last post, time will play a major factor.

No comments: