Followers

Saturday, April 7, 2012

4/7/12

So I did well again yesterday until dinner. I was surprised though, at how little I was able to eat. I went to Chili's with my sister. I got the appetizer that has 3 different kinds of items on it. My mistake is that I started with the "egg rolls" instead of the wings. I also did get chips and salsa (I love those!). I guess I had eaten so many of the chips that when my "meal" came, I ate two egg rolls and I should have stopped there. But, I ate all 4 halves and the two sliders and 3 of the wings. I was so full! I got home and didn't like how I felt and so I think that it will be easier for me to be "good" next time I eat out if I can remember that feeling. I also didn't sleep very good and my feet hurt more through the night.

It was fun to go out though. It was a much needed break for both me and my sister and we had good conversation. I was able to talk to her about one of the big things weighing my mind lately and I hope that I will be able to give even more concentration on my diabetes and health now that I have a better direction of what I am doing. And so emotionally, I am doing better today and I am not in such a funk.

Physically I am really tired. I ended up only getting about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. My body keeps waking up around 4:30 - 5am each day and I roll around until about 5:30 and get out of bed. My daughter is sick and she was sleeping in my bed because my step-son is in hers for the weekend and so as she coughs, it makes it hard to sleep as well. I need to remember to put on the humidifier before going to bed. :)

So, today is going to be a day that involves a lot of candy. It is Easter weekend. I have to say that the candy isn't too much of a temptation lately. I feel that I have gotten a few days under my belt with good results and so I have more drive to keep it going. I did go buy two bags of different kinds of sugar-free candy just in case I start having a big craving. The only thing is that after I got home, I looked at the back (don't know why I didn't do it at the store!) and although they are "sugar free" they still have about 15 carbs per 4 or 5 pieces. So, I still need to be careful.

No comments: